- Certified Public Accountant – Since 2004
- Certified Financial Planner® –Since 2011
- Candidate for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level II—Since 2009
- Fee-only NAPFA Member– Since 2014
- Ph.D. in Personal Financial Planning, Texas
Tech University, 2010
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA),
University of Utah, 2003.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, Utah
State University, 2002
- 50 hours of continuing education each year,
Financial Work Experience
- Financial Planning Office, April 2015- present
- Utah Valley University, Professor of Practice in CFP® registered Personal Financial Planning Program, May 2015- present
- Utah Valley University, Assistant Professor in CFP® registered Personal Financial Planning Program, 2013- April 2015
- Virginia Tech, Assistant Professor in CFP® registered Personal Financial Planning Program, 2009- 2013
- SuperValu (formerly Albertsons) headquarters, Senior Treasury Analyst, 2005-2007
- KPMG, LLP (CPA firm), 2003- 2005
- Zions Bank, Fixed Income Department, 2002-2003
Teaching \ Seminars \ Speaker
- National Financial Planning Association
- Utah Financial Planning Association
- Utah Valley University Business & Economic Forum
- Academy for Financial Services
- Financial Management Association
- Various other conferences
Publications and Interviewed
- U.S. News & World Report
- Retirement Weekly of MarketWatch (The Wall Street Journal)
- Journal of Financial Planning
- Journal of Personal Finance
- Journal of Financial Services Professional
- Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal (2015 Best Paper Award)
- Various other publications
Many church and civic responsibilities over the past 20 years including:
United Way, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, CFP® Subject Exam Expert, Boy Scouts of America, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and personal finance classes for high school and college students
Was recently awarded 2015 Ian Wilson Community Engagement Award from Utah Valley University.
Hyrum enjoys attending musical/plays with his wife, coaching his children’s sports teams, college sports, reading, hiking, and is curious about learning almost anything new. He really enjoys getting to know different individuals and helping them accomplish their financial goals.
- Bachelors in Personal Financial Planning, Utah Valley University, 2016
- Certified Financial Planner®, 2017
Amoree joined the staff at Financial Planning Office in January of 2016 as our new Client Service Manager/Paraplanner. Amoree has experience working with clients in the banking and mortgage brokerage industry where she obtained her Designated Endorsement as an underwriter on behalf of FHA.
Her duties include:
- Managing the phones and calendar at FPO and scheduling meetings with clients.
- Preparation of client meeting paperwork including: Schwab forms and applications, Morningstar reports, risk tolerance questionnaires, and investment policy statements.
Maintain client CRM database.
- Maintain policy and procedure manual.
- Assist with website, blog, newsletters, and facebook pages.
- Bank of America
- Property Tax Solutions
- Utah State Tax Commission